Meteorologist NexStar Broadcasting
Apply by 2018-06-21
KRQE News 13, an aggressive and growing news organization in Albuquerque has an immediate opening for a weekend morning and evening Meteorologist . We’re looking for a creative, dynamic & natural storyteller with severe weather experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces and presents weather reports and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Minimum two years’ experience as a television weather meteorologist or a degree in meteorology.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, especially during severe weather events.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
Superior on-air presence.
- Knowledge of WSI Weather Producer is a plus.
The application deadline is open until the position has been filled. Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The application deadline is open until the position has been filled.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER