Specialized Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Must be able to interact well with anchors, guests of the program and clients, and production staff.
- Detail orientated.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department.
- Experience in television, film or post production preferred but not required.
The Production Assistant must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, conduct face-to-face discussions with anchors, guests, clients or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls, climb ladders, and be able to lift 50 pounds over their head. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.